VA Dept. of Elections Strategic Plan FY2022: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
For the past (2) years, Critical Race Theory (CRT), Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) have rocked the nation. DEI and SEL are the tenets of CRT, basically the tools that allow for the CRT framework to be implemented. Think of a swing-set without any swings, monkey-bars or a slide, it’s just a frame. Now add swings, monkey-bars, a slide, and now it becomes functional.
The Virginia Dept. of Elections Strategic Plan for FY2022 (DEI) will become, if it hasn’t already, the most important aspect to the VA Dept. of Elections. It will supersede traditional election integrity and garner a higher priority. This is EXACTLY what has happened to our kids education, no different.
This will impact local election boards, poll watchers, and the entire election process. In fact, do not be surprised if the phrase “election integrity” is flipped to connote racial and gender integrity (or lack thereof) and the left will use this to create situations, cause issues, blame white people (mostly white males) and claim that they are being oppressed. Same playbook but different application.
Do not be fooled by some of the nice sounding words or phrases, read this doc with a critical eye. This is exactly how they have deceived parents and teachers. If you thought the machines and dead people voting was problematic, this will be bad.
Some of the stated “Strategies” in the VA Strategic Plan include:
- Goal One – Access and Success: Recruit and retain a diverse workforce
- Goal Two – Climate and Intergroup Relations: Create and sustain an agency culture that affirms and respects diversity and employs inclusive practices throughout daily operations.
- Goal Three – Training and Education: Engage in learning the concepts of DE&I, and the importance of these concepts in completing the agency mission.
- Goal Four – Infrastructure and Accountability: Create and sustain an agency or
departmental infrastructure that effectively supports progress and accountability in achieving diversity goals
- Goal Five – Community Engagement: Focus community engagement activities on those that provide measurable, direct, equitable, and sustained benefit to all of Virginia’s diverse communities